|Early Bird (ends 12th Dec)||Regular Registration (13th Dec - 1st Feb 201)|
|Group Rate 4+||₦100,000.00||₦110,000.00|
The following is a briefing of courses for the upcoming West Africa NFPA Conference: Building NFPA Compliant Fire Safety Systems.
Life Safety Codes
This training will be based on the life safety and means of egress requirements contained in NFPA 101 (2015 Edition), Life Safety Code. This training class will provide an overview of the latest technologies, design approaches, and challenges as it relates to the means of egress and life safety requirements for facilities. It will provide the tools needed to confidently apply or enforce requirements of the Life Safety Code. Topics that will be covered will include classification of construction and occupancy type, determining occupant load and egress capacity, requirements for protection of vertical openings and hazardous areas, and determining requirements for building services and fire protection features. At the completion of the class the participants will have a basic understanding of the following components:
- The organization and layout of the Life Safety Code.
- Construction Type, Occupancy Classifications and classification of
- The three parts of means of egress and their importance.
- How to determine the occupant load, egress capacity for both individual means of egress components and the entire means of egress.
- How to determine requirements for minimum width, dead-end corridors, common path of travel, remoteness, accessible means of egress (including areas of refuge), travel distance, and exit discharge.
- The requirements for illumination, emergency lighting, and egress
- The separation requirements for vertical openings and hazardous
- The concept for determining the fire suppression and fire alarm and detection requirements for individual occupancies....Read More